AnnaBelle's mom, Rosemary G., went out to dinner on Christmas Eve. When she returned home she found that her 4-year-old Beagle had unwrapped a fruit cake that was on the table and eaten the whole thing. She said, "We arrived home to find the box on the floor, fruit all over, and the entire cake gone. There sat AnnaBelle, belly down to the floor. I called the emergency animal hospital and brought her in at 8pm Christmas Eve. When they made her vomit, they found raisins and, fearing raisin poisoning, kept AnnaBelle until December 28th for observation and fluids."
It was a pricey and stressful stay for AnnaBelle who has a habit of eating things she isn't supposed to. "AnnaBelle has had other instances of the same nature. She ate a 4-pound chicken (bones and all) and a pound of chocolate-covered nuts within the same year." Rosemary now locks her trash bins in a separate room and keeps all food items safely in a pantry away from her rambunctious Beagle.
"Embrace Pet Insurance was there for me. Believe me when I say their response helped in reimbursing my out-of-pocket expense, which was no small change for a widow on a budget. Thank you to Embrace for your swift response in helping me with my AnnaBelle."
*Annabelle's annual deductible is $500. A portion was met on previous claims.
AnnaBelle’s Claim Refund
|Actual Vet Bill||$2,811.02|
|Total Embrace Reimbursement||$2,162.41|