May 21, 2014
Dr Patrick Mahaney and I discuss the whys and wherefors of pet fitness, which goes to show, just when you know it all, there's more.
In our podcast, we answer these questions:
- What tips do you have for running with your dog? Frequency, distance, and what to take with you. How doyou know if you are going too far for your dog (apart from the obvious refusal to go any further)
- In addition, how do you get an overweight cat or dog on a fitness regime without hurting and optimize success
- How do you exercise indoor cats? If you keep them lean, do you really need to exercise them?
- While you might run or walk vigorously with your larger dogs, what about exercising smaller dogs. I don’t often see Yorkies or Chihuahuas walking on a leash.
- What do you think of services like Whistle (an on-collar device that measures your dog’s activities, giving you a new perspective on day-to-day behavior and long-term health trends)
- Are there fitness supplements you can get for more active dogs such as agility or dock dogs?
Click on the link below to hear the audio:
Podcast: Laura Bennett & Dr Patrick Mahaney Pet Fitness 2014
May is Pet Fitness Month at Embrace Pet Insurance
Guest Post: the benefits of exercising your pet
Podcast: keeping your pet fit and healthy
Other posts by Dr Patrick Mahaney