What Embrace Doesn't Cover
Sadly every pet insurance plan has exclusions and your Embrace plan is no exception. Fortunately most of these exclusions affect only a small number of pet parents.
Here's a summary of what's not covered by our pet insurance:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Prosthetic limbs and devices including mobility aids
- Breeding, whelping, and pregnancy
- Injury caused deliberately by you or any other person or pet residing in your home
- Injury or illness resulting from fighting, racing, cruelty, or neglect
- Cosmetic procedures such as tail docking, ear cropping, and dew claw removal (although covered when medically necessary)
- DNA testing or cloning
- Organ transplants
- Stem cell therapy not deemed medically necessary
- Avian Flu or Nuclear War
- Treatment for an illness related to the teeth and/or gums (We offer help paying for teeth cleanings or dental illness with Wellness Rewards Plus)
For a complete list of exclusions see page 3, part IV under the Embrace terms and conditions.