Coverage for ER Visits & Specialist Care
At some point your pet may need to go to the ER or see a veterinary specialist. The Embrace Plan covers you for these visits just the same way it does for your regular veterinarian. There are no networks so you do not need a referral to visit a specialist.
Which Specialists Can I Use?
Veterinary medicine is always advancing, just like in human medicine, so you can visit:
- Emergency and urgent care hospitals
- Orthopedic specialists
- Internal medicine experts
- Rehabilitation, physical therapy, or hydrotherapy facilities
- Or any other specialist or ER veterinary facility...
Use the Embrace Vet Locator to find an Emergency clinic or Specialist in your area.
Why Is Comprehensive ER and Specialist Coverage Important?
Veterinary blogger Dr. Patty Khuly talks about why veterinary emergency hospitals are more expensive than general ones. Among the reasons she cites for expensive emergency care are:
- Longer opening hours mean higher payroll expense for the hospital
- Specialized equipment to handle cases that a general veterinary hospital may not be equipped for
- 24/7 availability carries higher maintenance and overhead than a general hospital
With pet insurance, you and your veterinarian can focus on doing the right thing for your pet without worrying about how to pay for it all.