Accident-Only Pet Insurance Plan
Which pets are eligible for the accident plan?
Cats or dogs may be too old or may have pre-existing conditions such as diabetes that make them ineligible for our full coverage pet insurance plan.
If you pet falls into any of the following categories then Embrace will provide accident coverage only for that pet:
- Mixed breed dogs (including hybrids) aged 9 or older
- Purebred dogs aged 7 or older
- Mixed breed cats aged 11 or older
- Purebred cats aged 9 or older
- Your pet has been diagnosed with or showing symptoms of diabetes or Cushing's disease
What does the accident plan cover?
There are many things that qualify as accidents that Embrace covers including:
* Orthopedic conditions such as cruciate tears and broken bones are not covered for the first 6 months. You can reduce this waiting period down to 14 days by having your vet complete an orthopedic exam.
To help with routine care we also offer the following optional products:
- Wellness Rewards for items like annual check-ups, spay/neuter procedures, vaccines, heartworm medications, and more
How much does the accident plan reimburse?
The Embrace accident plan reimburses you up to $5,000 each year. The plan has a $100 deductible that you pay once per year and then it reimburses 90% of your veterinary bills.
What is not covered?
Read exclusions applicable to all Embrace plans and also familiarize yourself with our pre-existing condition guidelines.