June 06, 2012
As you can imagine, there are many summer dangers to go into during this month's focus here at Embrace Pet Insurance. Here are a few I can think of:
- sunburn and dehydration - yes, dogs and cats do get sunburnt and also need more water than usual if outside in the heat
- dogs left in hot hot cars - never leave your dog in the car, even if it doesn't seem all that hot outside. Cars heat up very quickly and it doesn't take long to overheat with a warm coat keeping in all the warmth
- snake bites - depending on where you live of course
- drowning - nuff said but think falling off a boat or dock as well as just going in for a swim
- burnt paw pads - those sidewalks and sandy beaches can get very hot for dog's feet
What others can you think of?
June is Summer Dangers Month at Embrace Pet Insurance
Guest Post: Summer Dangers with Dr Patrick Mahaney
Claim Example: rattlesnake bites Great Danes three times!
Claim Example: Mox the Labrador gets a Foxtail in the neck
Get an Embrace Pet Insurance Quote