July 18, 2011
Renewal is the ideal time of year to think over your Wellness and Dental Rewards program options. If your pet is due for some routine care or preventative procedures in the next 12 months, a Rewards program might save you some cash, or help you plan for the big annual costs.
Factors to consider:
- Is your little one not so little anymore? If you’re past the boosters and spay/neuter phase, maybe you are ready to drop from Wellness Rewards PLUS $400 to the Basic $200 benefit.
- On the other side, if your dog is aging, perhaps the Wellness Rewards PLUS $400 might make sense for the extra bloodwork you might want to get done or the prescription food you might need
- Is your pet due for a dental cleaning? Small dogs and cats typically need yearly dental cleaning over the age of 4-5 years old. Larger dogs may not need them as frequently, or as early in life. The $400 Dental Rewards might help, even if the dental disease is pre-existing.
- Does your large dog need a Gastropexy? Wellness Plus covers that!
- Does your pet require prescription foods for a diagnosed condition? Wellness Plus covers that too!
All of these programs can be added or removed year to year, at renewal, so you’re not locked into any rewards program for more than the 12 month term.