March 13, 2006
I never thought of it before but you really have to watch what size ball you give a bigger dog.
Read this story about Jake, a 4 year old Weimaraner, who was playing ball with his dad and got the ball stuck down his throat. After what seems like hours of mom & dad driving around the countryside trying to find someone who could help and Jake going blue form that lack of air, Susan, our favorite ERGeek vet, managed to pop out the ball and save poor Jake from a 'slash tracheostomy' - phew!
Wow, who would have thought an everyday dog toy could cause such havoc.
Tags: dog choking, dog ball, dog trachea blockage, Weimaraner, slash tracheostomy
Get an Embrace Pet Insurance Quote