May 14, 2005
I made a new friend through my blog today. She's called Liz Blondy and she has just started up Canine to Five Detroit Dog Day Care. I have so much respect for anyone who strides out to set up their own business. Go Liz Go!
I noticed on her website a link to the American Boarding Kennel Association (ABKA) [update: this organization doesn't exist anymore; however, check the comments for other places you can learn about pet boarding] and I thought it would be interesting to learn a little more about them. Here are some of the services I found on the ABKA website:
- if you are looking for a pet boarding facility, check out this online info pack that has some useful tips on what to look for
- if you run a boarding facility that could use the benefits of association membership, there are four types of memberships
- ABKA provides online kennel staff education
- ABKA has a classifieds section with items such as kennels for sale - entrepreneurs check this out
- ABKA are sponsoring the Pet Care Expo at the end of September where you can learn how to set up your own pet services company
All in all, it seems to be a pretty useful site with relevant information for those interested in dog boarding. There are other topics but they are covered to a lesser extent.