Giving Back to the Pet Community
Not only are we "Embracers" - we're pet parents too and we care very much about the pet community around us. Here are just some of the ways we give back to the wider pet community:
- For every policy sold at Embrace, we donate $2 to a pet-related charity. In November and December 2014, Embrace gave away $10,000 from this fund via our Secret Santa Project.
- In addition to the $2 donation, we've partnered with shelters, such as Love-a-Stray, The Friends of the City of Cleveland, and other charitable organizations, where we donate additional dollars to their charities and foundations for every application received.
- We light a candle in memory of every Embraced pet that passes away. Each candle lighting includes a $10 donation to Helen Woodward Animal Center.
- As an organization, Embrace also participates in a number of charitable events such as Berea Animal Rescue Fund's Monster Mutt Dash, Millie's Million Purses for Pups, and the Animal Protective League's Fur Ball and Pledge-for-Pets Radiothon events.
- In 2014, after moving into a new, larger, office space, Embrace started our Office Foster Cat Program to provide temporary housing for cats and kittens in partnership with local rescues and shelters.
- And of course, we also volunteer at local shelters and rescues, such as the Berea Animal Rescue Fund, Secondhand Mutts, and Geauga Humane Society, and donate to pet-related charities like the ASPCA on our own time with our own money.
The following are some of the specific causes we've worked with:
- Best Friends Animal Society
Based in southern Utah, it is one of the country's largest sanctuaries for homeless animals and is home, on any given day, to about 2,000 dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, birds, and other animals. Best Friends advances initiatives nationwide that promote community approaches to make the world a better place through kindness to animals, including adoption, spay-neuter, and humane education programs.
- The 10th Life Sanctuary
Based in Boca Raton, Florida, this no-kill charity is dedicated to providing lifetime care to sick, unwanted, and feral cats (currently around 600 cats)
- The Colorado Veterinary Medical Foundation
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, this organization supports education, scholarship, and service programs that improve animal health and welfare in Colorado. The involvement of veterinarians makes the foundation unique, allowing it to make the broadest impact on animal health and to offer services and insights that no other group can. In short, the foundation exists to make Colorado a better place for animals and people.
- The Magic Bullet Fund
This organization provides nationwide financial assistance for people who have dogs with cancer but cannot afford treatment. Founded by Laurie Kaplan and the Perseus Foundation, the fund gives more dogs with cancer a fighting chance to survive.
- GreySave, Greyhound Pets of America & Greyhound Adoption of Ohio
Various wonderful organizations who are dedicated to placing retired racing greyhounds in loving homes.
- Homeward Bound Golden Retriever
Based in Elverta, CA, this organization rescues and heals displaced, abandoned, and homeless Golden Retrievers and Golden/Labrador mixes throughout Northern California, no matter their age or health.
- American Bulldog Rescue Group
A charitable organization dedicated to rescuing and finding forever homes for bull breed dogs in need.
This organization is dedicated to providing a new life for rescued or displaced Labrador Retrievers and Labrador Mixes.
- Pets Alive
Based in the Catskill Mountains of NY, this organization’s mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and place animals in need. Victims of neglect, abuse, and violence, many of them have special needs and have been rejected by other organizations.
- Berea Animal Rescue Fund
Based in Berea, OH, is a no-time limit animal shelter working for the betterment of the lives of stray and abandoned animals.