Pug suffers from hemorrhagic gastroenteritis and shock
Bob went to the brink when a possible allergic reaction caused hemorrhagic gastroenteritis and shock.
Vet Bill: $3,737.16
Location: Portland, OR
Date: December 2012
View Claim Refund
After being let out one morning, Bob, a 6 year old Pug embraced by David K. of Portland, OR, became lethargic and started having bloody diarrhea. We're still not sure what caused it, but Bob's condition quickly deteriorated and she was taken to the emergency vet.
David shares Bob's story:
"Bob was normal that morning but apparently ate something in the yard to which she (yes, Bob is a girl) was allergic. About an hour later she was barely responsive and was leaking a red, gelatinous material from her rear end. (Later I learned she was hypothermic, had practically no blood pressure and her heartbeat was 12 bpm. 12!) When the vet called me later he said that "she was going over the cliff" and he "grabbed her by the tail and pulled her back." We never figured out what the allergen was.
Embrace told me how to submit the forms, what would be covered and how long reimbursement would be. It happened exactly like I was told - no problems, no hitches. For these reasons I then told a co-worker - who had just gotten a puppy - about Embrace.
Bob is great now! She is constantly tired and hungry, just like any self-respecting Pug should be.
Bob's Claim Refund
|Bob's Hemorrhagic Gastroenteritis & Shock Claims (12/12 - 1/13) |
|Actual Vet Bill ||$3,737.16 |
|Covered Charges |
|Annual Deductible |
|20% Co-pay ||-$315.68 |