Foreign Body Ingestion - Electrical Cord and Toys

Bodhi-Labrador-RetrieverBodhi - Labrador Retriever

Labrador Retriever picks the wrong snacks
Vet Bill: $1,190.00
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Date: Fall 2009
View Claim Refund

Background

Jeremy brought his Labrador Retriever, Bodhi, home when he was just 7 weeks old. He immediately took out a policy with Embrace Pet Insurance after a bad experience with another insurance provider. Jeremy had lost his previous Labrador to a vary rare illness, and the medical bills totaled over $12,000, but he was only reimbursed about $3,000.

Jeremy soon discovered that Bodhi has an insatiable appetite and not just for food. In his first 8 months, Bodhi ate an electrical cord and possibly suffered an electric shock. He was taken to Gold Coast Animal Hospital in Chicago and an X-ray showed no real harm done.

In October 2009, less than a month later, Bodhi ate one of Jeremy's daughter's toys. Jeremy immediately took him to Chicago Veterinary Emergency Specialists where the underwent a barium study. Luckily, there was no obvious obstruction so Bodhi did not require surgery.

Bodhi's Policy

Bodhi's Embrace Policy covers accidents, so both cases of foreign body ingestion were covered.

Bodhi's Claim Refund

Bodhi's Toy Ingestion Claim
Amount
Actual Vet Bill $1,190.00
Covered Charges $1,172.00
Deductible Remaining
-$0.00
20% Co-pay -$234.40
Total Embrace Reimbursement $937.60

 

Get Your Embrace Pet Insurance Quote





 
 
Picture