Foreign Body Ingestion - Clothing
Ozzie, Mixed Breed
Ozzie snacks on clothing
Vet Bill: $2,406.51
Location: Aurora, Ohio
Date: December 2008
View Claim Refund
Three-year-old Ozzie is like many dogs and could not resist scrounging in the dirty laundry basket. His pet parents first noticed that Ozzie didn't seem himself and was unable to hold down any food or water. He had a bad habit of swallowing socks, toys, underwear, and anything else he could get his chompers on so they monitored him carefully.
Ozzie's indiscretion landed him at the veterinary ER, where X-rays showed that the unmentionables were causing an obstruction. The situation went from comical to crisis very quickly and emergency surgery was required.
Ozzie made a full recovery.
Ozzie has a catastrophic pet insurance plan with a $500 deductible to keep the premium low.
Ozzie's Claim Refund
|Ozzie's Claim for Foreign Body Ingestion ||Amount |
|Actual Vet Bill ||$2,406.51 |
|Annual Deductible ||-$500.00 |
|10% Co-pay ||-$191.65 |