September 19, 2013
This time, the tables are turned and Dr Patrick Mahaney asks me, Laura Bennett, CEO of Embrace Pet Insurance (EPI), questions on the topic of pet insurance. It is after all, Pet Health Insurance Month.
Questions covered are:
- What is the (estimated) number or percentage of pet owners in the U.S. who have insurance for their pets?
- What are EPI’s top canine and feline health claims?
- What are the main reasons pet owners give for establishing health insurance for their cats and dogs?
- Why should a pet owner get pet insurance?
- Does the typical pet owner keep their pet on Embrace's insurance throughout the pet's life?
- Does EPI cover any pre-existing conditions?
- Does EPI cover complementary and alternative medicine, such as acupuncture, physical therapy, chiropractic, and so on?
Click on the link below for the podcast.
Laura Bennett & Dr Patrick Mahaney pet insurance 2013 Related Posts
September is Pet Health Insurance Month Across North America
Guest Post: Veterinary Perspective on Pet Insurance
Podcast: Dr Patrick Mahaney and Laura Bennett talk pet insurance
Other posts by Dr Patrick Mahaney
Dr. Mahaney is a veterinarian from the University of Pennsylvania and a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist, having been inspired by his own chronic pain from Intervertebral Disc Disease to provide accupuncture to his veterinary clients. In addition to Dr Mahaney's house call integrative veterinary medicine business, California Pet Acupuncture and Wellness, he sees patients on an in-clinic basis atVeterinary Cancer Group in Culver City, CA.
Dr Mahaney writes a veterinary column (Patrick's Blog) forwww.PatrickMahaney.com and contributes to a variety of media, including Perez Hilton's TeddyHilton.com, Fido Friendly, Veterinary Practice News, Healthy Pets and People with Dr Patrick on OutImpactRadio.com, and MSNBC Sunday with Alex Witt and Career Day. His first book, The Uncomfortable Vet, will be available in 2013 through Havenhurst Books
Get an Embrace Pet Insurance Quote