When Can I Get A Pre-certification?
We've designed our pre-certification process to be really easy. You might want to get a pre-certification if:
- Your veterinarian is considering a course of treatment and you want to be absolutely sure it's covered
- You want to know exactly how much you will get back
- Your veterinary bill is over $1,000 and you want to have your claim check sent to your veterinary hospital instead of to you (only if the hospital has agreed to this method of reimbursement beforehand). We can also deposit directly to your hospital's bank.
How Do I Get A Pre-certification?
- Download a blank pre-certification form
- Have your veterinary hospital fill out the form, including the clinic stamp
- If available, attach a copy of the detailed estimate
- Fax everything in to us toll-free at (800) 238-1042
This Is Important
If this pre-certification is in support of your pet's first claim, we will also need the detailed doctor's notes for your pet for the last year. We need to know every veterinarian your pet has been to over this time period, even for wellness visits.
How Long Does It Take?
We typically turn around pre-certifications in 5 business days or less.
Download and Print an Embrace Form
Download a claim form