Healthy Pet Deductible™
Don't you wish you could benefit from holding on to your pet insurance plan even when you don't claim? Healthy Pet Deductible™ found exclusively on Embrace plans helps do just that.
What Is Healthy Pet Deductible™?
With Healthy Pet Deductible™ your pet's annual deductible goes down automatically by $50 each year that you don't receive a claim reimbursement.
Healthy Pet Deductible™ is included with every policy at no extra charge. It works with any deductible you pick too!
How Healthy Pet Deductible™ Works
Let's say your cat has a $200 annual deductible and your policy started in August 2012.
- Year 1 you receive no claim reimbursement, your pet is credited $50 towards his deductible.
- Year 2 you receive no claim reimbursement, your pet is credited an additional $50 towards his deductible, a total of $100 credit.
- Year 3 you submit a claim for $1,200 and we apply your $100 Healthy Pet Deductible™ credit. Your deductible is effectively reduced from $200 to just $100.
- Year 4 your Healthy Pet Deductible™ resets, with your pet's deductible back at $200.
Once your pet's deductible decreases to $0, that's as low as it can go. We'll automatically apply any Healthy Pet Deductible™ credits you've earned when you're eligible for reimbursement.
Once you receive a claim reimbursement for an accident or illness, even just a single dollar, your pet's Healthy Pet Deductible™ resets to zero, also resetting your deductible to it's original amount.
Healthy Pet Deductible™ and Wellness Rewards
Healthy Pet Deductible™ applies only to accident and illness claims. If your pet has Wellness Rewards coverage, claims for routine care are handled separately.
Healthy Pet Deductible™ and Pre-existing Conditions
In addition to having no claims reimbursement during the year or claims submitted below your deductible, if you file claims for a pre-existing condition you'll still receive the $50 credit.
What If I Have More Than One Pet on My Policy?
If you have more than one pet on your policy, Healthy Pet Deductible™ applies to each pet. Each pet accumulates and uses his Healthy Pet Deductible™ separately from any other pet.
For the most part, you'll want to submit claims as you normally would. If your pet is sick or injured, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
To help you maximize the benefit from Healthy Pet Deductible™, you can submit claims at any point in the policy year they occurred, plus 60 days into your next policy term.
However there are a few scenarios where you may want to be mindful of your Healthy Pet Deductible™ credits. Whether or not you submit your claims is totally up to you. We will process whatever you send us.
What follows is an example of a situation where you may not want not to submit a claim:
- Your pet has a $300 annual deductible.
- Your pet is eligible for $100 in Healthy Pet Deductible™ credits over the past 2 years.
- In year 3 your pet gets sick with a veterinary bill of $215.00.
- Your deductible after accounting for your Healthy Pet Deductible™ credits is $200 ($300 - $100).
- If you had a 20% co-pay and with your deductible currently at $200, you would receive $12 in reimbursement but you would have used up your Healthy Pet Deductible™.
In this case, you would weigh whether you would like your claim processed as normal for a $12 reimbursement or you can hold on to your $100 Healthy Pet Deductible™ credits for later by not filing the claim.
Can I Stop a Claim From Being Processed?
If you submit a claim that you later do not want to be processed (for example, if a wellness claim you submitted happened to have some illness items on it too), please let us know before the claim has been completed. Once we have closed the claim though, we cannot undo it, even if you have not cashed the check.
If you have any questions on Embrace's Healthy Pet Deductible™ please feel free to contact us. We're here for you through the ups and downs of your pet's health, and will continue to come up with ways to make your Embrace experience better.
Healthy Pet Deductible™ is not available in Washington State.