When Can I Get A Pre-certification?
We've designed our pre-certification process to be really easy. You might want to get a pre-certification when:
- Your veterinarian is considering a course of treatment and you want to be absolutely sure it's covered; or
- You want to know exactly how much you will get back; or
- Your veterinary bill is over $1,000 and you want to have your claim check sent to your veterinary hospital instead of to you (if the hospital has agreed to this method of reimbursement beforehand). We can also direct deposit directly to your hospital's bank.
How Do I Get A Pre-certification?
- Download a blank pre-certification form here
- Have your veterinary hospital fill out the form, including their clinic stamp
- If available, attach a copy of the detailed estimate to the form
- Fax everything in to us toll-free at (800) 238-1042
This Is Important
If this pre-certification is in support of your pet's first claim, we will also need the detailed doctor's notes for your pet going back the last year (or proportionately less if your pet is less than 1 y.o.). We need to know every veterinarian your pet has been to over this time period, even for wellness visits.
How Long Does It Take?
We turn around pre-certifications in 5 business days or less.
Download and Print an Embrace Forms
Download a claim form