Adjusting Your Policy
You can downgrade your policy at any time. This will lower your premium. Downgrading means:
- Increasing your deductible. For example, from $200 to $300 or from $300 to $500.
- Decreasing your annual maximum. For example, from $10,000 to $5,000.
- Decreasing your reimbursement from 90% to 80% or 65%.
- Removing prescription drug coverage from your policy.
You can contact us via e-mail or phone to let us know that you'd like to downgrade. We'll work with you to make any changes and take care of all billing refunds and document changes that result.
You can upgrade your policy at any time but your pet will be subject to re-underwriting (including waiting periods*). What this means is that any prior claims paid or any illnesses or conditions that occurred prior to the upgrade date, even if you haven't seen a vet yet, will be considered pre-existing.
We advise all our pet parents to choose their policy limits wisely when enrolling.
If you did not select prescription drug coverage with your policy when you signed up you can add it at any time. The coverage will be subject to a 14-day waiting period and won't cover prescriptions for conditions that occurred prior to you adding drug coverage.
* = When upgrading from an accident-only policy to an accident and illness policy, the accident waiting period is waived.